Tips and strategies for advertising a gym on social media by increasing the number of members. Find out more in this article.
Social networks are an important showcase for gyms because that is where the people who frequent them spend most of their time on the Internet. In this specific guide dedicated to marketing for gyms, we will understand together how to increase gym members by advertising the activity on social networks.
Marketing for gyms: mistakes not to make and strategies to use
Before understanding how to advertise a gym on social media, it is good to dwell on how not to do it.
- Opening a page dedicated to your business on all existing social networks is a common practice but can prove to be a double-edged sword: having many social pages but not very updated and cured, in fact, returns a non-professional image of the business. If, as often happens, you have limited availability of time and resources for marketing activities, it would be more appropriate to identify the right platform to intercept your audience and meet your business objectives, taking into account the peculiarities of each different social network. network and reference customers;
- Often, then, those who create a small local business create a Facebook page dedicated to it and start inviting them to “like” all their friends and relatives. This is a useless or, worse, harmful action: if most of the people who “like” the page, in fact, do not have a real interest in its contents of it, the Facebook algorithm will tend to penalize those contents;
- Limiting yourself to always and only promoting your own offers, in the same way, is not a good marketing strategy for fitness centers because people are on social networks mainly looking for entertainment and information and not, first of all, to buy.
The best strategies for advertising a gym
- Alternate promotional offers on your social pages with posts with fitness tips, nutritional guides, photos and videos of the gym, staff, and customers, and motivational quotes. It is essential to draw up a marketing plan for the gym in order to give more coherence and, therefore, more effectiveness to your promotion strategy on social networks.
- Choose a specific target of people. In the first place, social networks allow you to better refine advertising campaigns by creating personalized and similar audiences starting from a list of contacts, which should never be missing in every gym.
- Create a Facebook group where you can share tips, concerns, and questions about fitness and offer exclusive content.
- The Instagram Stories, with their immediacy, are instead particularly useful for sharing workouts and telling the successes of their customers and their personal stories.
- Monitoring the competition and their results are generally social media marketing tips that are also valid for those who want to promote their gym on social networks.